‘Proportionate response’: MEA on bulldozer action outside Pakistan high commission | India News

'Proportionate response': MEA on bulldozer action outside Pakistan high commission | India News


Debris lies scattered after authorities removed structures and queue-management barriers erected outside of the Pakistan High Commission, in New Delhi.

NEW DELHI: The ministry of external affairs on Friday said the removal of unauthorised structures outside the Pakistan High Commission in Delhi was a “proportionate action in response” to Pakistan’s removal of structures in front of the Indian High Commission despite India’s request not to do so.During the bi-weekly press briefing, MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said authorities had removed temporary structures in the lane of the Pakistani High Commission.“In Pakistan, some of the structures in front of the Indian High Commission were removed to facilitate parking. Despite our request not to do so, they went ahead with the removal,” Jaiswal said.“We then took proportionate action in response. There were some temporary structures in the lane of the Pakistani High Commission, which we removed,” he added.On Thursday, authorities also removed traffic bollards and barricades that had previously been placed around the diplomatic compound.Visuals showed rubble outside the mission following the demolition, with broken metal railings and gates, twisted metal frames, roofing sheets, bricks, and chunks of concrete and plaster scattered across the paved area.

Share your thoughts in the comments