Rs 69,000 for answer sheets: CBSE portal glitch leaves students, parents baffled; re-evaluation timeline extended | Delhi News

Rs 69,000 for answer sheets: CBSE portal glitch leaves students, parents baffled; re-evaluation timeline extended | Delhi News


NEW DELHI: For many CBSE Class 12 students, the end of examinations has not brought relief. Instead, the post-result process has opened a fresh chapter of anxiety, with complaints over glitches, inaccessible portals and concerns around the evaluation system continuing to pile up. Days after students reported login failures and disruptions in accessing post-result services, new complaints have surfaced regarding wildly fluctuating fees on the revaluation portal, raising questions over the reliability of the system.

CBSE portal glitch

Screenshots shared online on Friday showed dramatic changes in the amount being charged for re-evaluation and answersheet-related services. According to students and parents, the fee displayed on the portal shifted unpredictably within hours from as little as Re 1 and Rs 69.7 to Rs 8,000 and, in some cases, as high as Rs 69,420 to obtain answersheets for a single subject.Facing flak, CBSE extends timeline for re-evaluationOne widely circulated screenshot allegedly showed a student being charged Rs 69,420 each for physics, chemistry, mathematics and English core, pushing the total amount into lakhs. In another instance, screenshots showed a fee of Rs 8,000 per paper, taking the total amount to Rs 16,000 for two subjects. In another case, charges for three subjects reportedly rose to Rs 24,000. Amid growing criticism, CBSE on Friday issued a fresh statement announcing another revision in the timeline for the process. It said it had extended the last date for obtaining scanned photocopies of Class XII answer books to May 24 and that students will also get up to two days after receiving the scanned copy to apply for verification/re-evaluation. “The CBSE website has been facing unprecedented traffic since the past few days and has also faced several attempts of unauthorised interference, which has made it prone to disruptions,” the statement said. This marks the second time that the board has extended the deadline by a day. An official also said, “The portal has been facing technical glitches but we are ensuring that no child will face any problems.” The latest controversy comes amid days of complaints related to the board’s post-result services. What was intended to function as a transparent and structured mechanism for students seeking scanned answersheets, verification and re-evaluation has increasingly become a source of frustration. The problems began after the application window for obtaining scanned copies of evaluated answersheets opened on May 19. Students attempting to access the portal described repeated website crashes, payment failures, missing links and applications getting stuck midway through the process. Several said they had been refreshing pages repeatedly or logging in at odd hours simply to complete applications. As complaints mounted, the issue quickly gained traction on social media, where students and parents shared screenshots and detailed accounts of their experiences. While discussions around board results and rechecking are common every year, the reaction this time appeared notably more intense, with some students openly questioning whether answersheets had been evaluated properly in the first place. Some users alleged that the system had been “hacked”, while others claimed that “the security had been compromised”. One user on social media wrote, “Students had already reached a point where they could not cope with additional stress, while also questioning the systems being used for both evaluation and payment processing.” Others highlighted issues related to incomplete records being uploaded by CBSE. In one such complaint, a parent alleged that their child’s supplementary mathematics answersheet had not been fully uploaded on the portal and urged authorities to intervene. Among the most discussed issues were the scanned copies of evaluated answer sheets themselves. Students and parents shared screenshots claiming that some uploaded pages were blurred, faded or difficult to read. Several argued that even basic text, numbers and symbols appeared unclear, making it difficult to verify markings or identify discrepancies. The issue has now moved beyond social media discussions and drawn the attention of public representatives. Thamizhachi Thangapandian has sought intervention over the reported portal failures and wider concerns surrounding the evaluation process. In a social media post, the MP for Chennai South shared a letter addressed to Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan, highlighting the difficulties faced by students during the re-evaluation process. According to concerns raised in the letter, although CBSE maintained that the system was functioning, students continued reporting payment failures, inaccessible webpages and unsuccessful transaction messages despite amounts allegedly being deducted from bank accounts. “The situation has unfolded at a particularly demanding period for students, many of whom are simultaneously preparing for competitive examinations such as JEE, NEET and CUET. Uncertainty surrounding the rechecking process has added another layer of stress during an already intense academic period,” said a parent.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *