‘Should end war now’: Iran prez claims world ‘acknowledges’ Tehran’s victory over US

'Should end war now': Iran prez claims world 'acknowledges' Tehran's victory over US


He rejected criticism that Tehran had been forced to make concessions

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has called for an end to the war with the United States, saying Tehran should seek to conclude the conflict while it remains in a position of “power and dignity” and the world recognises what he described as Iran’s victory.Speaking at an event on Friday, Pezeshkian defended a recent agreement with Washington, describing the outcome of negotiations as a “major achievement” approved by Iran’s Supreme National Security Council. He rejected criticism that Tehran had been forced to make concessions.“What was achieved during the negotiations was a major accomplishment,” he said, adding that council members directly involved in the talks had firmly defended the agreement.Pezeshkian described the deal as “honorable and valuable”, insisting it did not amount to surrender.“They cannot find even a single clause in this agreement that indicates surrender; all the commitments are related to the other side,” he said.He also made clear that agreeing to end the war would not mean Iran would submit if attacked again. “We will under no circumstances bow to bullying,” he said. “We will stand against them until our last breath and give them a crushing response.”His comments come as the conflict approaches the six-month mark and the Trump administration prepares to intensify economic pressure on Tehran. US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent has threatened secondary sanctions against countries and companies continuing to do business with Iran, saying Washington would use its “full might and force” against them.China and India, both major buyers of Iranian oil, could face pressure under the campaign, as Washington seeks to cut off remaining sources of revenue for Tehran. The US has already imposed extensive sanctions on Iran’s energy, financial and transport sectors.Iranian officials have rejected the strategy, arguing that decades of sanctions have failed to force Tehran to surrender. Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said Washington’s repeated return to sanctions had proved futile, while analysts have warned that increased economic pressure could harden Iran’s position rather than force a settlement.Pezeshkian has previously said negotiations with Washington are aimed at ending the war, lifting the naval blockade and releasing frozen Iranian assets before nuclear talks resume.His latest comments suggest Tehran wants to frame any end to the conflict not as a capitulation, but as a settlement reached while Iran believes it retains leverage over Washington.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *